TCarta has established itself by successfully developing and delivering cutting-edge geospatial technology products, services, and consultancy, and is now expanding the current team located in Bristol, UK.
We are looking for an Office and Finance Manager to join our experienced and motivated team. The role is critical to ensuring efficient and successful company operations. The candidate will be an organised team player, with the ability to work under their own initiative.
This exciting opportunity offers involvement in a fast-growing organisation with the potential for assisting in building company structures and processes.
The Office and Finance Manager is the backbone to company day-to-day operations ensuring smooth business operations and acting as a first point of contact for all Accounts and Human Resources activities. As an Office and Finance Manager you will support the Chief Financial Officer and Operations Director in a range of different tasks. Responsibilities will include financial and accounting activities, human resources management, and day-to-day office management duties.
We are looking for a candidate with excellent organisational skills and a proven ability to support a busy technical team with their back-office activities.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role;
- A clear understanding of UK accounting principles (with AAT accreditation being favourable);
- Experience in utilising online accounting software (with Quickbooks experience being favourable);
- Proven organisational abilities, with experience in supporting a team in administrative activities;
- Experience of HR management activities.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Office management duties including managing bill payments, managing subscriptions, monitoring and purchasing of office consumables, assisting with staff travel arrangements, and maintaining a robust filing system;
- Implementation of HR and employee legislative processes, e.g. Health and safety, employee contracts;
- Preparation and drafting of job descriptions, employee contracts and other HR documents;
- Assist in the processes of staff appraisals, grievance procedures, and disciplinary actions;
- Monitoring and maintenance of staff including timekeeping, holiday rotas and absenteeism;
- Utilising and maintaining Quickbooks accounting software;
- Utilising online banking and establishing and executing a regular payments schedule, including Payroll and NI Taxes, VAT calculations and payments, corporation taxes, supplier and subcontractor payments;
- Working with the CFO to prepare accounting information for senior management;
- Working with the CFO on other financial matters including cash flow management and forecasting
- Review and approval for reimbursement of staff expenses;
- Recording and filing of supplier invoices for subsequent payment;
- Assisting with external financial auditing processes.
Salary: Competitive, and dependent upon experience.
Part time: 25 Hours
How to apply: Please submit your CV and cover letter complete with current salary expectation to Kim Wall, email@example.com, by the 17th November.
Job Type: Part-time (25 hours per week)