TCarta has established itself by successfully delivering cutting edge mapping products, geospatial services and consultancy. As a result of a new satellite remote sensing innovation project (in conjunction with European Space Agency), they are expanding the current team located in Bristol, UK.
They are looking for a Remote Sensing Analyst to join their experienced and motivated team. This role is critical to ensuring creation and delivery of data to very high-quality standards.
The successful candidate will be a meticulous, organised, ambitious team player, with the ability to work under their own initiative. The Remote Sensing Analyst will have significant experience in utilising state-of-the-art software to classify and extract information and features from various satellite imagery sources, with proven measures of data quality being a constant consideration.
As a Remote Sensing Analyst you will use your experience in both supervised and unsupervised remote sensing techniques to support the Project Management Team in developing new products derived from satellite imagery, and ensuring that such products can be output to specified quality levels and within set time frames. We are looking for a candidate with a proven eye for detail and the necessary technical skills and experience to fulfil an integral team role.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree (or higher level qualification) in Remote Sensing or similar;
- A minimum of two years working in remote sensing. Direct experience of feature extraction from very high resolution satellite imagery is advantageous and deployment of cloud processing techniques is beneficial;
- Understanding and experience of delivering remote sensing data to specified quality standards, with commercial project experience being advantageous;
- Experience in a remote sensing software package, as well as a GIS software package (with knowledge of EXELLIS ENVI and ESRI software being preferable);
- Proficiency in software coding is expected (with python being preferable);
- Good verbal, written and technical communication skills with a meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to work within high pressure situations and to tight delivery deadlines;
- Ability to work independently, proactively and be flexible in responding to change.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for creating geo-spatial data and products from several satellite imagery sources;
- Responsible for creating new data production and feature extraction work-flows, with a focus on automation and quality control;
- Supporting the Project Management Team in delivering a new and innovative data service;
- Supporting other company remote sensing initiatives as and when required.
Salary: Competitive, and dependent on experience.
How to apply: Please submit your CV and cover letter complete with current salary expectation to Kim Wall firstname.lastname@example.org by the 15th September 2017.
Job Type: Full-time