TCarta Marine has established itself by successfully delivering GIS marine products, bathymetry data, and marine geospatial services since 2008. They are expanding the current team located in Denver, Colorado.
They are looking for an entry level GIS Data Technician to join their experienced and motivated team. This role is critical to ensuring acquisition and assimilation of different data types to very high quality standards.
The successful candidate will be a meticulous, organized, ambitious team player, with the ability to work under their own initiative. The GIS Data Technician ensures that data intake meets exact standards and edits data and databases as necessary.
As a GIS Data Technician, you will support the team in ensuring that Quality Control and Quality Assurance procedures are strictly managed and followed. We are looking for a candidate with a proven eye for detail and the necessary technical skills and experience to fulfil an integral team role.
Required Industry Skills
- Experience in ESRI software
- Basic to advanced GIS skills
- Understanding of horizontal and vertical datums and projections
- Familiarity with different GIS formats and programs
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience with python scripting;
- Basic understanding of hydrographic and multibeam data;
- Experience developing batch processing workflows and scripts;
- Understanding and experience with quality control of geospatial marine data, with specific focus on marine sources being advantageous;
- Familiarity with Global Mapper, PFMABE, QGIS, GeoServer;
- Proficiency in Microsoft office programs, with software coding an advantage;
- Good verbal, written and technical communication skills with attention to detail, strong visual attentiveness;
- Ability to work within high pressure situations and on tight delivery deadlines;
- Ability to work independently, proactively and be flexible in responding to change.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Editing and attribution of shorelines generated from multiple sources
- QA/QC of point data capture,
- Developing and maintaining QA/QC procedures for new products
- Editing of 3D point cloud bathymetry data
- Downloading and cataloguing of new data
- Maintain efficient metadata tracking methods
Competitive, and dependent on experience.
How to apply:
Please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org complete with current salary expectation by the 28thApril.
Job Type: Full-time